2010年8月17日星期二

One Day Travel Wuzhen


Today we woke up at around 7:00 in order to be at People's Square by 7:30 to meet up with Tristan's friend, Irene and the tour group to Wuzhen. When we arrived, the area was very chaotic with Chinese people yelling and screaming. It was also hot as hell. Since I have been here, it has been damn hot and I have been feeling sweaty and gross. It's going to be nice going back to tolerable weather in the states, but I do know one thing--I am glad that I'm out of the asshole of America, called Stockton. Tristan introduced me to the term "hard-drives" to describe a specific selection of people in the city. A hard-drive is a person who basically doesn't have any etiquette or sense of surroundings. They are usually the dark skin migrant workers. A hard-drive is someone who pushes extensively on the subway. A hard-drive is someone who stands and blocks the left side of the escalator while everyone else is standing on the right side. A hard-drive tries to scan a one-way ticket on the sensor of the metro exit gate, when he/she is supposed to feed it through the slot. When you are walking on the side walk and are clearly moving to your right to get out of peoples' way. The area where we were at had a lot of hard-drives. It was hard-drive heaven. We rode a bus for 2 hours to Wuzhen. Thank the Lord Jesus, Buddha, Joseph Smith, and Tom Cruise that this bus had air conditioning, because I was sweating my ass off. I used the two hours to go back to sleep. Apparently while I was sleeping, the bus almost drove off a bridge, and the kid behind Tristan threw up in a bucket that was on the aisle. When we arrived, it took some time to get tickets. We toured around Wuzhen and our tour guide was speaking a very good English.

The brochure said that each of us will get a Haibao and guess what?? NO HAIBAO. >:-O!! When we arrived at People's Square I went to Tristan's place to pick up my laundry. I took the subway back to Yanchang Road. It was around 9pm when I got back to my room. I went over to my favorite restaurant around the corner for some curry chicken. A plate of curry chicken and rice is only 6RMB (less than 1 dollar)...what a steal! The restaurant changed a little bit since it is bigger than it was last year---it's still ghetto though. Maruyi called me today and we're planning to go out on Friday so I'm excited about that.

没有评论:

发表评论