2010年8月7日星期六

One day visit in Shanghai


I wake up to an awesome breakfast buffet in my castle with an amazing view of the city below. First I took a view from the bund and it is nice.


Literally, I walk the entire city in one day. I take the futuristic tunnel across the river to and walk down the Bund taking in views of the skyline from the other side of the river. The Yu Yuan Gardens are amazing and offer a relatively quiet place to escape from the mayhem that is the neighborhood surrounding the walled paradise. I navigate the intense crowds at the 9-step bridge which bring back memories of Ta Phrom in Siem Reap!

By the time I got to the People's Square I was ready for any sort of food. Accordingly, when two very nice girls started talking to me I was quick to take them up on a tea ceremony offer. I was later informed that this was a scam and that the girls actually worked at the tea house and that there was no special tea ceremony, but I still want to believe that they were actually really nice.


Regardless, I had a great time and learned about all sorts of teas and customs and didn't think I got ripped off all that bad in terms of prices given that this sort of ceremony only happens once every other year!!! Haha.


I check out the Jade temple and walk back through the main shopping district. By the time I get back to my suite I'm in need of a brief nap. I summon myself in time for a scrumptious dinner and head out to Xan Tian Di, the most popular nightlife neighborhood in Shanghai. It rivaled Clarke Quay in Singapore, but only in appearance as it wasn't nearly as wild with a much more conservative crowd. I enjoy some live music, a few beers, and head home before Beijing in the morning.

没有评论:

发表评论